Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Getting Up Early Ain't Easy

Allright, well I have been so tired lately between work and everything else that I had to force myself to get up early this morning so I could go workout which I have yet to do because I am still waking up. I had the most bizarre dream too-about applying for some permit or something and having to show this lady proof of my life-where I have lived, etc maybe it was because friends of mine have to go through security checks, I have no clue.
I barely had the energy to do laundry last night, this weekend I wanted to sleep in but woke up at 7:30am, hmmmm. Let's see- so last week was a more normal work week, my boss and I are getting along well despite a third head-butting incident the week before over going to this conference, but it also helps that I am just busy all day long. Although on Friday I got to the point where I was so frazzled with my experiments, that I was like-shit, I am going to happy hour. The postdoc society on campus organizes happy hours-this was at chili's. I actually had a great time-I expected it would be awkward just hanging out with a bunch of strangers but it was fun-it helped that I had a margarita! Also chowed down on some fish and chips but it was not good-kinda greasy, not like kingfisher. Well, at my table was an international bunch-Ireland, Australia, England, and just a great fun bunch of people. I got to talk about my Scotland days cause one of the guys did his PhD there. Yeah, we were also talking about how dating culture to them seems different in the US-meaning how here if a guy asks a girl out for a drink, it means a date whereas abroad, it doesn't necessarily mean that, it's way more casual. It reminds me of what my Norwegian friend Geir said to me when we went out for the first time in Scotland-kinda the same thing, I was a little anxious about it being a date but he was asking out a potential friend. Just to hang out, ya know? Well of course those waters got muddier later on-wink, wink, but then, I was 21 then. Ha! Anyways, we all had such a good time that we exchanged emails and are meeting for coffee at this cafe on campus on Wed. I forgot how good it is to just do something social after a long day of work.
On Saturday, I had bird duty and work for a few hours, ran errands, bought a book and vegged on Sat nite, on Sunday I had a bunch of Wellesley ladies over -for this service event to knit caps for preemie babies. I have no idea how to knit but I did learn-it was kinda absorbing. Except this was an odd bunch of ladies-they all seemed socially awkward and insecure, although one of the ladies had some interesting stories to tell-she was Hillary Clinton's roommate at Wellesley.

Well this week at work is not too crazy yet, more later on recent events.

Julie

1 Comments:

Blogger Taryn said...

So what were the good Hillary stories? We need to hear more Wellesley gossip!

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home