Sunday, July 31, 2005

Calmness Returns...

Let's see-from Wednesday on, I had no visitors, no social plans, but a lot of work to do at the lab. I was happy when Friday hit. I rented another cheesy movie to relax-the Pacifier with Vin Diesel. It was funny but bad at the same time. I also proceeded to eat macaroni and cheese and a huge bag of cheddar cheese popcorn! Definitely a junk food night. The rest of the weekend I have spent writing, working on figures for the Arizona papers. The handyman was over at my house all afternoon yesterday trying to fix my oven still. I waited a month and a half to get a part in and it doesn't seem to work still so either the landlord buys me a new oven or I just use my top oven which is small. The whole thing has been a pain in my ass and I already spent 130 bucks of my own money. My landlord at Linden would have easily taken care of this for me so I do miss how nice they were. Well, oven or no oven, I am still going to have a housewarming party probably at the end of the month. Meanwhile, I used my grill twice this week-once when Dan and Esa came, we made grilled corn, veggies (eggplant and onions), and veggie burgers and they all turned out yummy. It was so pleasant to sit on my patio and enjoy the fresh air and grill. It's a charcoal grill and I use a charcoal chimney to heat up the coals. I used the grill for a second time tonight by myself and again, it worked well. I found a new place to do some work and get out of my house. I went to this coffee cafe near my house today-called the Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf or Beanery and Tea Leaf-it's pleasant, wooden tables, nice staff, I plunked myself down and did work for a long time. So tonight, I have the evening free, and have just been sitting on my patio reading the LA Times. It will be a quiet week.

Julie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home