Mix&Match
I took advantage of amazon.com and ordered a pair of work-out shorts for myself and a racquet as I have taken up racquetball again-well at least playing it every few weeks. Still, the shorts felt a little too short and I was laughing with my neighbor about it-every year they make them shorter and you wonder what's the point-might as well wear underpants.
I've been tired all week and sleeping late-still troubleshooting at work, and multitasking. I was going to exercise this am but couldn't wake up.
Last weekend was very mellow-I went to this postdoc pub night on Friday at this Irish pub -caught up with a few friends, and then was just lazy for the rest of the weekend. I did see that movie You,Me, and Dupree, it was fairly good and I do like Matt Dillion and Kate Hudson. Matt Dillion appears to be experiencing a revival lately ever since the movie "Crash."
This week was calm except for one night, it started with a vow that I made with a friend of mine here, that we needed to get out more and meet new people outside of our normal work crowd. Plus, we're both single so that is also a factor. We went to this Cambridge alumni event (Cambridge UK) at an English pub in Hollywood-not shishi at all, it reminded me of Scottish pubs, very laid-back and we met a nice crowd of people, incl a forensic psychologist who also consults for a bunch of the CSI tv shows and a movie producer who is very down to earth and intellectual. People were just relaxed and interested and it reminded me of the type of atmosphere when I was abroad-all about meeting new people from different backgrounds. So I may have made some new friends.
This weekend will be busy-going to get my haircut finally (it's been a mop for way too long), going to a bbq, a housewarming party, potentially going on a date (been checking out that site eharmony which tries to make compatibility matches).
More soon...
Julie
I've been tired all week and sleeping late-still troubleshooting at work, and multitasking. I was going to exercise this am but couldn't wake up.
Last weekend was very mellow-I went to this postdoc pub night on Friday at this Irish pub -caught up with a few friends, and then was just lazy for the rest of the weekend. I did see that movie You,Me, and Dupree, it was fairly good and I do like Matt Dillion and Kate Hudson. Matt Dillion appears to be experiencing a revival lately ever since the movie "Crash."
This week was calm except for one night, it started with a vow that I made with a friend of mine here, that we needed to get out more and meet new people outside of our normal work crowd. Plus, we're both single so that is also a factor. We went to this Cambridge alumni event (Cambridge UK) at an English pub in Hollywood-not shishi at all, it reminded me of Scottish pubs, very laid-back and we met a nice crowd of people, incl a forensic psychologist who also consults for a bunch of the CSI tv shows and a movie producer who is very down to earth and intellectual. People were just relaxed and interested and it reminded me of the type of atmosphere when I was abroad-all about meeting new people from different backgrounds. So I may have made some new friends.
This weekend will be busy-going to get my haircut finally (it's been a mop for way too long), going to a bbq, a housewarming party, potentially going on a date (been checking out that site eharmony which tries to make compatibility matches).
More soon...
Julie

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home