Sunday, June 19, 2005

Earthquakes

So it's pretty late on a Saturday night and I just finished cleaning my place- yeah, I could have put it off until tomorrow but I just felt like getting it done - you know, sleeping better after cleaning. Besides, tomorrow, I have to work on some manuscripts all day- work was so busy this week that I barely had the energy at night to write. I even forced myself to wake up early on Friday just so I could think about a paper-related email and send one off. On Fri nite I left work early b/c I was there late the night before finishing an experiment. So, I came home, went to Trader Joe's (one also close to me but a few miles further than the other one) which was surprisingly uncrowded, then rented the most recent DVD season of the Sopranos. I must have watched like 5 hours of it, watched some more today, went and exercised, but also went and saw the movie Mr. and Mrs. Smith. It is weird to see these stars in person than on the screen- it was a really good movie and surprisingly, amusing.
I've been multitasking at work a lot this week and it's been tiring. Oh yeah- so the earthquakes- well apparently there have been quakes - a few of them this week, off to the south and north and so LA has experienced tremors. The funny thing is that I haven't felt them at all. At work one day, I am standing near my desk and then people come into the lab all of a sudden and ask- did you feel it? I was like- feel what? Well apparently it was a noticeable shudder in our bldg and I was oblivious. People from back east keep on emailing me about it. Others say that California is going to drop off the earth. I am not too worried- you can't control these things and being a Capricorn, as long as my feet stay on the ground...I'm happy.
Allright to bed! Hope everyone enjoyed the star photos. Thanks for your emails and comments.

Julie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home