Randomness...




Okay, well I had to get some soil and repot some flowers so I used my free cheap digital camera and have taken some new pictures as seen here of my flowers in my patio. Lisa-do feel free to give me some advice!
Okay, it's Sunday afternoon and I am trying to write up the specific aims for my NRSA NIH grant-which must be handed in on Dec. 5th. I feel like there is so much info in my head right now but I need to sort it out. I don't know how I will be able to work on this grant and do experiments at the same time. This past week was super busy-I crammed alot of work in but got results but had no time to write and I need to turn in a draft of a section by Tues. to my boss. So yeah, my stress level is definitely up...Fri night I went out for happy hour with this postdoc crowd but was in no mood to drink or be social so left early. Yesterday, I exercised, went to the Farmers' Market, met a prospective date for lunch (no real sparks), and ended up grilling corn and veggies with my neighbor and relaxing over a bottle of red wine. Oh yeah-I bought a big ass book, about 700pgs-the latest in the historical fiction series called The Outlander by Diana Gabaldon who happens to live in Arizona. I started reading it last night and stayed up till like 1am. This morning I had bird duty and have been trying not to read and write instead. I think that after having a month off from writing anything, it's hard to gear up again.
I do have time tomorrow to write too but I expect the rest of the week will be taken up with experiments. I am also mentoring a rotating grad student-whom I like very much-she's bubbly-but again, that means that part of my day is already carved out. It is interesting to be in the mentorship role. I do miss my Arizona lab office-because my desk here is in the main lab so it's very difficult to get any work done with people around.
Well, I will certainly take a break tonight to watch Charmed! Old habits die hard.
Julie

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home