Bio-Pak Packing Pellets




Okay, new photos -instead of styrofoam now, there's bio-pak packing pellets which you can melt with water so this is a photo of fun with matt stirring them up. Here's a cute one of Matt and me just before we went out on the town Fri nite. Also, Matt doing an experimentation with my camera-mirror, mirror, on the wall...well, I am just appealing to a gay man's vanity here or maybe I am turning into a paparazzi or this is a reminder to our friend Amber, to take a trip down memory lane-when Matt and I took pictures behind his church and she came home from vacation to find photos of us posing (yes, with our clothes on). Allright, and some other random photos from this past week-that's me about to play this game of throwing darts at balloons on the Santa Monica Pier, I actually popped one and won a fake flower, also me on Venice beach, birds on the beach, and in front of this old fortune teller booth which I paid a buck for!
I just watched Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants on DVD and it made me cry! Few movies do but I am a sucker for movies about women friends-I bawled at the end of League of Their Own too, the baseball movie with Geena Davis (who by the way, makes an excellent female president on one of my new favorite shows, Commander in Chief). Yeah-so my house just rattled a few hours ago and I thought it was a passing truck-it was a minor earthquake apparently. You can look up earthquake activity on the US geological survey site-www.usgs.gov.
On Friday night, Matt and I went out with another male friend of mine to dinner-we originally tried to go for Indian down the street but it was full so we hit this San Francisco Bar& Grill, typical sports bar. Then we went to this gay club in West Hollywood. It was the same club we went to earlier in the week but this time, much more crowded. I love gay men-I had several of them who were very drunk coming up to me and telling me about other boys, it was funny. It's nice to go as a straight woman-you don't feel threatened at all and don't need to worry about being in a meat market scene. We did some dancing, some dessert, and just enjoyed it-as always, I had a funny experience where an old, old man in a suit came over and danced with me-we weren't sure if he was the owner or not but it was funny. Well we were out until 2am so I slept until late morning today, we didn't do much, some grocery shopping, etc it's a chilly day today. Tomorrow, I take Matt to the airport and so I will be sad. I tend to get emotional at goodbyes. It's been so nice to have a close friend visit-especially someone you have known since 14 yrs old. I have seen more of LA too-as evidenced by all of my blog posts.
So, it's been a precious time.
Back to reality shortly-I have to work on this grant and do alot of stuff.
Julie

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home