Fighting Again
I have been battling a cold or flu or something all weekend-started to feel unwell on Friday and recognizing the fact that my stress level has been up again, I decided to just take care of myself this weekend. Cancelled all of my plans-incl a b-day party, some Halloween parties, nixed a day trip and just saw movies/read the whole weekend. It's a bad time to be sick because I only have 3 weeks to finish my NRSA grant, a lab mtg to give on Nov. 29th, a talk to give to the birdsong people on Dec. 5th, and I am sure my manuscript reviews will come back within that period. Yes, I am still doing experiments too. I think that I just have been running myself ragged lately and so my body rebelled. I feel better tonight. A bit of a dvd headache but nothing bad.
Yeah-being in California means that I have to remember to turn my clock again-Daylight savings time! We turned them back an hour. So I got an extra hour of sleep. I stayed up really late reading another book by Jodi Picoult whom I highly recommend-she's become one of my favorite authors and I am ashamed to admit that I emailed her to tell her so.
Yeah-I saw that new movie Prime with Meryl Streep and Uma Thurman-it was hilarious! It reminded me of some of the nice little Jewish ladies that I knew during my days attending Temple. Oh yeah-supposedly I am supposed to be cooking matzah omelettes come the spring for people in my boss's husband lab-we had a conversation about Jewish foods and somehow I offered to do that-kinda funny b/c I don't remember the situation.
Nothing too else new-gonna be a long workweek!
Julie
Yeah-being in California means that I have to remember to turn my clock again-Daylight savings time! We turned them back an hour. So I got an extra hour of sleep. I stayed up really late reading another book by Jodi Picoult whom I highly recommend-she's become one of my favorite authors and I am ashamed to admit that I emailed her to tell her so.
Yeah-I saw that new movie Prime with Meryl Streep and Uma Thurman-it was hilarious! It reminded me of some of the nice little Jewish ladies that I knew during my days attending Temple. Oh yeah-supposedly I am supposed to be cooking matzah omelettes come the spring for people in my boss's husband lab-we had a conversation about Jewish foods and somehow I offered to do that-kinda funny b/c I don't remember the situation.
Nothing too else new-gonna be a long workweek!
Julie

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home