Rice Cakes
So no real reason for the title. I did just eat a Rice Cake for a snack. I am in a goofy mood-it's Friday afternoon and I am trying to practice my talk for Monday-usually I like a good week to memorize/practice but I haven't had that this time around because of my NRSA grant. I got back from Thanksgiving and finished all of the changes and fed ex'd it off to NIH on Wed. Thank god-I am really glad I wrote it because it forced me to really figure out future experiments and what I want to do but it was stressful.
This weekend I am going to work on my talk, do some house cleaning, and have some postdoc friends over on Sat night for drinks and dessert. I am also hoping to catch up on my movie watching -see Rent, etc. I forgot to go to the Brokeback Mountain movie premiere earlier this week-it was actually in Westwood, shit! I have been watching some dvds' lately-I actually really enjoyed "My Date with Drew" -the lead guy is a neurotic Jewish boy trying to scheme a way to meet Drew Barrymore. It was very charming.
Yeah-so it's gotten cold enough now at night that I need to turn my heat on-but my house is from the 1950s so you can guess how old the heating system is-floorboards. My landlord had to show me how turn it on-there's a pilot light and then you crank a key-jeez. Well good thing that I have smoke alarms.
So yeah-Thanksgiving was awesome of course-as always I had a hectic schedule but I got to see a lot of people and relax, bike around (I am now a proud owner of a new used bike so I hope to bike down to the beach soon), and I timed my driving so that I only hit light traffic from and to LA-about a 7 1/2 hour journey. Oh yeah-and I watched the Wildcats kick some Virginia bball butt and realized that I am still addicted to college basketball...
Julie
This weekend I am going to work on my talk, do some house cleaning, and have some postdoc friends over on Sat night for drinks and dessert. I am also hoping to catch up on my movie watching -see Rent, etc. I forgot to go to the Brokeback Mountain movie premiere earlier this week-it was actually in Westwood, shit! I have been watching some dvds' lately-I actually really enjoyed "My Date with Drew" -the lead guy is a neurotic Jewish boy trying to scheme a way to meet Drew Barrymore. It was very charming.
Yeah-so it's gotten cold enough now at night that I need to turn my heat on-but my house is from the 1950s so you can guess how old the heating system is-floorboards. My landlord had to show me how turn it on-there's a pilot light and then you crank a key-jeez. Well good thing that I have smoke alarms.
So yeah-Thanksgiving was awesome of course-as always I had a hectic schedule but I got to see a lot of people and relax, bike around (I am now a proud owner of a new used bike so I hope to bike down to the beach soon), and I timed my driving so that I only hit light traffic from and to LA-about a 7 1/2 hour journey. Oh yeah-and I watched the Wildcats kick some Virginia bball butt and realized that I am still addicted to college basketball...
Julie

2 Comments:
Julie!
It's great to hear that you're doing well in L.A.!!!
I have a friend moving to L.A. in February and she's having problems finding a place to live (especially since she has birds as pets). Her husband will be working at UCLA. Do you have any advice for her (neighborhoods, apartment complexes, etc.)?
Thanks!!!
dana-send me your email address via lisa so i can give your friend advice on housing, etc-would be happy to
Post a Comment
<< Home