Tuesday, January 03, 2006

31 soon...

I had a great time in DC visiting my brother-we reverted back to our childhood states of sleeping 12 hour days, eating at weird times, watching tv (although we didn't fight over the remote), and seeing movies (Munich-very good). It was very relaxing. For New Year's we went to his friend's house for a get-together-stayed up til 2am and saw the ball drop, nice and mellow.
We also had a wonderful brunch and reunion at my friend Holly's house in MD whom I hadn't seen in a few years. It was very pleasant to walk in the city-we took my brother's dog Liu for walks in the park-I am a proud aunt and I swear, Liu seems to recognize that I am family. See the photo of Liu pulling my hair. The weather was pleasant-50s. The area near my brother where I used to live has changed somewhat-gotten more commercial-one of the old Deli's is closing and that's a little sad-I couldn't bear to walk in there. I used to get bagels and stuff in there and talk to the owner-a nice old Jewish man who died last spring.

The flight back was really long,although I had a nice seatmate whom I chatted with and I constantly listened to the pilots chatter on my headset cause I get all freaky when I fly in turbulence. So I was happy to get home. Although now I have a huge amount of work to do, experiments, and revisions on my Arizona manuscript, and starting next week, I have to take a class-yup, that's right, b/c I am on a training grant, it's a requirement to take this neuroendocrinology course which meets 4 hours a week. I thought that I would be done with school. Ugh.

So my birthday is this Friday and I turn 31-yikes-couldn't see that coming, I don't feel mature enough to be 31-ha! I am trying to organize a dinner or party with friends for Fri nite so that should be fun. Meanwhile, there's a few Arizona bball games coming up-UCLA and USC vs. Arizona so I will actually get to go to a bar and see it on tv! Yipee!

Okay-here is a link to my album of DC photos-
You're invited to view these photos online at Kodak Easyshare Gallery!
Just click on View Photos to get started.
http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=s1ndvt3.200d24gv&x=0&y=-9lgfst

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home