DVD heaven & Hollywood Starlets
The last two nights I have enjoyed the simple pleasure of not being at work, not working on papers, and watching dvds-Wedding Crashers, Junebug, Two for the Money, and tonight, that cheesy flick-In Her Shoes. It feels great to relax. Hmmm, so last weekend, I worked half the weekend on my Arizona manuscript and finished the revisions late on Tues night. The other half of the weekend I went to a Wellesley brunch (TJ-you giggling on this one?!) at the Newsroom Cafe in Beverly Hillls, a great organic bkfast/lunch place right across the street from the Ivy-the famous restaurant that all of the stars go to. I swear to god that on my way back to my car, I stood right next to Paris Hilton-although she looked way white and way skinny. I didn't see any paparazzi though. Anyways, I decided to go to this once a month brunch with fellow alums for the first time since I moved to LA. I used to belong to the college alumni club in Tucson but I was by far the youngest member among all of the blue hairs! At this brunch, I was the oldest at 31-can you believe that?! I have been wanting to meet different people outside of work and this was a great crowd-a real mix of ages and occupations from an environmental designer to a bunch of accountants, to a real estate girl, just a fun and laid-back bunch. So, I will definitely do it again, maybe even host a bbq next month at my house. I also went to a superbowl party and for once, in all of the years that I have gone to these parties, I actually watched and got into the game! A previous weekend I had watched the Patriots vs. the Broncos and had the rules explained to me and actually, found it pretty interesting. I wasn't rooting for a particular team and granted, I spent a good portion of time stuffing my face near the food table, and making fun of Mick Jagger's voice (it was painful), but it was fun.
This week has been crazy busy-running experiments, going to class, actually going to the dentist and eyedoctor although I have yet to get new glasses b/c of an insurance snafu. There's also a conference going on called Neural Control of Behavior so I have to get up wee early tomorrow and Sat to go to the lectures. So much for a work-free weekend. However, it's free food and some cool research. I have also scheduled a haircut apt-I am going to take the plunge and get highlights done, just for a change, I have felt dark lately and haven't been able to exercise as much because I have to get in so early for experiments.
On the bright side, I have a bunch of old friends coming through town in the next few weekends so I am excited about that. I still haven't taken trips around LA, was talking with friends about taking a wine tour, but don't know if that will happen. I am also debating whether to throw my annual Oscar pty?! It's ironic that I live in LA now and pay even less attention to Hollywood stuff and have seen less movies. Still reading the entertainment mags though!
Julie
This week has been crazy busy-running experiments, going to class, actually going to the dentist and eyedoctor although I have yet to get new glasses b/c of an insurance snafu. There's also a conference going on called Neural Control of Behavior so I have to get up wee early tomorrow and Sat to go to the lectures. So much for a work-free weekend. However, it's free food and some cool research. I have also scheduled a haircut apt-I am going to take the plunge and get highlights done, just for a change, I have felt dark lately and haven't been able to exercise as much because I have to get in so early for experiments.
On the bright side, I have a bunch of old friends coming through town in the next few weekends so I am excited about that. I still haven't taken trips around LA, was talking with friends about taking a wine tour, but don't know if that will happen. I am also debating whether to throw my annual Oscar pty?! It's ironic that I live in LA now and pay even less attention to Hollywood stuff and have seen less movies. Still reading the entertainment mags though!
Julie

1 Comments:
What did you think of Junebug?
Post a Comment
<< Home